A recent email from a "senior technical recruiter", attempting to fill a contract position with a 30 billion dollar corporation, offering $13 to $15 dollars per hour - I'm wondering what the recruiter's take must be - $60/hour?
I believe they're trying to fill multiple, identical positions, offering SEO services to their large customer base of professionals, probably at some grossly inflated rate. I've been aware of their postings for several months and suggested she try Indonesia or the Philippines.
"We currently have an open position of Search Engine Optimization Consultant. In this position, you will consult with clients on their site content and employ search engine marketing techniques to optimize their website."
- Telephone Consulting: Consult with clients and the rest of your project team over the telephone to set expectations for search engine performance and assist them with targeting their Web site.
- Define the Market: Work with client's customers to help them define the market they will pursue. This includes market definition based on geographic location, as well as legal practice area and requires understanding of how law firms work.
- Keyword Research: Using industry best practices you will perform key word research based on information gathered during telephone consultation with client customers.
- Create Meta & Title Tags: You will create a set of SEO Recommendations for each customer you work with. These recommendations allow other areas inside the client to perform work with SEO in mind.
- Final Optimization: Once all functional areas have done their job to build a web site for our customers, SEO Consultants perform a QA analysis to ensure all best practices have been followed and the site will receive optimum consideration by the major search engines.
- Perform Site Review & Maintenance: You will work with existing clients to ensure all aspects of their Search Engine Optimization program are performing optimally.
- Analyze Competition: Periodically, you will be asked to analyze competitive web sites to assess the state of the market and better help define the opportunity for your customer.
- Education: You will assist with the education of clients, sales representatives, account managers and fulfillment staff on SEO best practices.
- Training: You may be called upon to assist in the training of new staff members on state of the art Search Engine Optimization practices.
- Knowledge: You will stay current with all facets of SEO and broader web marketing concepts, including industry best practices in the following areas: on-site optimization, off-site optimization, web analytics, conversion, pay-per-click, usability, local search, social media etc…
- Communication: You will perform nearly all your job functions without ever meeting your customers face to face. Therefore, you must be skilled at communicating over the phone and via e-mail.
- Two or more years experience and knowledge of Internet Marketing and Search Engine Optimization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to thrive in multi-tasking environment, yet focus on details.
- College degree preferred.
- Experience with professional service firms a plus.
- Knowledge of HTML a plus.